Monday, May 19, 2008

MS Office Picture Manager

Original image as posted in typos - no manipulation as taken off camera other than reduced size.



Below is a screenshot where you click on Edit picture and see options - to modify contrast, color, crop, compress size, etc,



All manipulations below done with Microsoft Office Picture Manager - in the first image we ramp up Saturation and Hue.



Below we also play with Amount.



Now we change amount again...just to show difference.



Here we auto-correct - lazy, lazy, lazy.



An now we change Contrast - see various slide bars. The midtone slide bar is quite helpful sometimes.


Great tool for modifying color, contrast and cropping.

Remember when you are done to "SAVE AS" and do not - NOT - NOT - NOT "SAVE" again when you close the program.



This post will be taken down in a week or two....trade secrets you kn.ow.

3 comments:

lebanesa said...

a few years ago when I taught ICT as part of a programme of english, i had a student who taught herself to use Paint. It was interesting then. Now it is much more so. My students had to choose and teach themselves. Most of them did things I couldn't do. One learnt programming from a site with a name connected to monkeys? long ago, I don't remember.
I loved that kind of teaching. Providing crampons pitons and strong ropes with my own fear of heights no obstacle to intrepid students.
thanks for the trampoline.

John M. Mora said...

You are the star pUpil.....notice the colUoUr in latest typU post - done with lovely Manager.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh I love this blog!! Your too funny, I have been sitting here trying to imagine you saying all this with a straight face. If I were to learn to manipulate I'd definately do it from here! Love the name too.
Better go, I've already been expelled from sch once..back when I knew everything.
Will find you an apple...